The Bharatanatyam is the oldest sacred dance in India, originally from Tamil Nadu.
This dance uses very rich hand movements, the most different face expressions and, both, a very technical and gracious work on the feet movements.
The Bharatanatyam request each part of the body, from the eyes to the feet, to be part of the dance.
The word means:
- Ra : raga or emotion
- Ta : tala or musical mode
- Natya : performing art
Iris studied the Bharatanatyam in Chennai, at Kalakshetra School, she got her diploma in 2015.Since then, she goes on studying with her master Sri Hari Padman. She will be in France in April and May, and she proposes working sessions or initiations to Bharatanatyam (50 € per person for the week end).
These include, as follows:
- A theoretical approach to Bharatanatyam, rhythm and Carnatic music
- Warm-up and stretching
- training on basic steps, stamping of the feet – tattadavus, nattadavus)
- initiation to hand movements "mudras"
- sequence of steps following different patterns and rhythms
- approach to expressions, 9 emotions ( 9 rasas)
If you are interested, you can contact: [email protected]